Friday, October 5, 2018

Week 7 Day 14, October 5, 2018

     We took off the arm completely to be able to reinforce it and so that it does not go in a full circle and smash the cortex. Because of that, we decided to move the cortex to a different location on the robot so that it does not interfere with the motion of the arm. We will be making any necessary adjustments in order for our robot to function properly and not damage itself when we test it out. If everything goes according to plan, our robot should be able to move around and have a functional arm moving up and down by the end of next week.

Monday, October 1, 2018

Week 7 Day 13, October 1, 2018

     We realized that the arm we have now needs more power and support. The base of it can barely keep it up at rest much less when the arm was being lifted which it can't do on it's own. The motors are not strong enough on their own. We have decided to add support and use gears and make more torque.

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Week 6 Day 12, September 27, 2018

     Today we fixed the previous problem with the motors and started deciding on how we should build the rest of our bot (ie. claw/shooter). After a while we decided to make it a claw/tower based design and started working on a basic claw for the end of it and began building an arm for the bot.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Week 6 Day 11, September 25, 2018

     We finally finished the attaching the next 3 wheels on the opposite side of the robot, including the motors. After we finished, we wanted to test drive it, and ran into a a minor problem and a major problem. The minor problem was the top left motor needed to be reversed, but the more serious issue was the fact that only the left wheels were moving, not the right. So tomorrow and next class we will hopefully have that resolved.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Week 5 Day 10, September 21, 2018

     Today we attached half of our wheels. Before doing it we also decided how to actually put them on, because we were stuck between if we would use two motors connected to all three wheels or if we would have one wheel with only one motor than the other two wheels connected to one to get more torque. Next class we will continue to attach the last 3 wheels no the other side.

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Week 5 Day 9, September 18, 2018

     This week, we are still rebuilding our robot into a new design since we've decided to copy the design of a robot that a former student built last year. We finished building our chassis and we're ready to begin taking the measurements of the locations of where the axles for the gears and for the motors will be placed. By the end of the week, we should have at least one side of the robot fitted with gears and motors and the other side will be completed next week.

Friday, September 14, 2018

Week 4 Day 8, September 14, 2018

     As a team we were putting our heads around the new bot design. We are copying a bot from last year but with important modifications to make it work for this challenge. We didn't do much with the new bot it self but we got our ideas in order.